Medicine Leaves 195cm x 110cm
Posted by Aboriginal Art Directory | 22.10.09
Gallery: Aboriginal Dreamtime Fine Art Gallery - Los Angeles
Dates: 01.11.09 : 01.12.09
Location: 9011 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, CA 90069
Jeannie Petyarre (Pitjara) was born in c.1951 on the Boundary Bore Outstation
of Utopia, Aboriginal Art Regions of Central Australia.
She is the sister to well known artists Greeny Purvis Petyarre, Evelyn Pultara, Rosemary Petyarre and Anna Price Petyarre. Her cousin’s are the famous sisters; Gloria Petyarre, Nancy Kunoth Petyarre, Myrtle Petyarre, Kathleen Petyarre, Violet Petyarre, Ada Bird Petyarre and Jean Petyarre.
In 1988, Jeannie Petyarre was part of the group who produced Batik work using desert design on silk and cotton. Jeannie was encouraged by her aunt, the famous Emily
Kngwarreye to continue to paint her family’s Yam Dreaming.
• The National Gallery of Australia, Canberra
• The Holmes a Court Collection, Perth
• 1989 Utopia Womens Paintings the first works on canvas
• 1990 A Picture Story exhibition of 88 works on silk from the Holmes a Court
Collection by Utopian artists which toured Eire and Scotland
• 1993 Central Australian Aboriginal Art and Craft Exhibition, Araluen Centre,
• 2005 Cicada Trading, Illayda, Istanbul, Turkey
• 2005 Cicada Trading, Milan, Italy
• 2006 Cicada Trading , Dubai, United Arab Emirates
• 2006 Cicada Trading, Annual Clear Lake Exhibition of Aboriginal Paintings,
• 2006 Cicada Trading, Paris, France
• 2006 Cicada Trading, Bahrain Art Society, the Kingdom of Bahrain
• 2006 Cicada Trading, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Medicine Leaves 200cm x 125cm
As a signatory to the Indigenous Art Code we are committed to ethical and transparent business dealings with Indigenous visual artists and abide by the standards set out in the Code.