Posted by Aboriginal Art Directory | 11.09.12
Kidsafe Victoria is seeking a Victorian Aboriginal artist to adapt a set of child injury prevention resources for the Victorian Aboriginal community.
Kidsafe, the Child Accident Prevention Foundation of Australia is an independent, non-profit, organisation dedicated to the prevention of unintentional death and injury to children. As part of their PACE Program initiative, the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations has funded Kidsafe Victoria to adapt and distribute a set of Aboriginal child injury prevention resources.
These resources were initially developed by Kidsafe SA in collaboration with their local communities. After consultation in Victoria has been completed, these resources will be distributed to services who work directly with Aboriginal families in Victoria.
Kidsafe Victoria requires the services of an experienced artist to adapt a number of existing images and create some new images of children in specific scenarios.
Submissions for the role must include 3 samples of artwork. Water colours or colour sketches are preferred and it is requested an example including a child is submitted. In addition the artist will:
- have demonstrated experience in Victorian Aboriginal art
- be experienced in sketch/ drawings/ water color
- produce art work generally accepted by Victorian Aboriginal communities
- produce art work in line with requirements of Kidsafe Victoria
- have the ability to work to a deadline
Kidsafe welcomes submissions of expression of interest open from 10th September 2012 - 5pm on Monday 24th September, 2012. The successful applicant will be advised by Friday 5th October 2012. All expressions of interest will be considered by Kidsafe Victoria: decisions made by the panel are
final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
The artist will be contracted to produce art work for Kidsafe Victoria and will release ownership of the pictures to Kidsafe Victoria as per contract.
Fee Structure – remuneration will be negotiated with the applicant to a capped amount of $2100 for the production of images and design of the resource.
- Approximately 12 new pictures will be required representing a broad range of Victorian Aboriginal children and families in specific scenarios.
- A further 10 pictures will be required to be adapted by the artist to specifications provided.
- A new, Victorian specific design will need to be created for the resource.
Guidelines and details regarding all of these aspects will be communicated to the artist.
Please attach the following to your submission:
- Resume (maximum 2 pages) with 2 references listed
- A selection of 3 high quality, original images as outlined in the expression of interest in jpg format only. If you are posting in your submission, then please include this on CD or USB device
- Completed applicant form
Submissions will not be accepted unless all attachments are submitted.
Submissions to be lodged no later than 5pm 17th September 2012. Late lodgements will not be accepted.
Send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Kidsafe Victoria, 221 Burwood Highway, Burwood, Victoria 3125
Further details: Kidsafe Victoria, 03 9251 7725